For guidance only.
At RE/MAX Property Experts we are committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. This document refers to personal data relating to any living data subject which is not already in the public domain.
Personal Data is any information that allows us to identify you. You can be identified directly or indirectly. This may include your personal data such as name, an identification number, postal address, telephone number, email address, bank account details, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of the data subject.
RE/MAX Property Experts uses the information collected from you to contact you for example to:
Provide information and advice regarding Residential and Commercial properties
Organise viewings, sell, let, providing rented accommodation, source or purchase a property on your behalf and advise you of any offers or interest on your property.
RE/MAX Property Experts may require you to provide photographic identification, proof of address and bank account details, and PPS numbers when purchasing, selling, letting or renting a property.
Legal Basis for processing personal data
Under Data Protection legislation we must have a legal basis for collecting and using personal data:
- Processing is necessary to enter into and the performance of a contact i.e. buying selling and renting of property
- To comply with a Legal Obligation for example, under the 2011 Property Services Act and the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Finance) act of 2010
- To carry out legitimate interests pursued by the controller RE/MAX Property Experts or by a third party, when we use your personal information, we ensure that there is a fair balance between our legitimate interest and your rights and freedoms.
- To protect the vital interests of the data subject.
- Performance of task carried out in the Public’s interest.
With your consent, we may send you regular property updates
You are consenting to RE/MAX Property Experts processing your personal data for the purpose of buying selling or renting a property
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at Hardiman House, 5 Eyre Square, Galway.
Third Party Service Providers.
We may on occasion share your personal data with third parties to process work on our behave. These third-party service providers include solicitors, accountants, engineers, surveyors, BER assessors and architects and other service providers that perform services and functions relevant to the property services we provide.
The length of time we hold your personal data will depend on the type of service we are providing to you. We will hold your personal data for the duration of a contract and will continue to store your personal data for six years after the contract ends. RE/MAX Property Experts is required to retain your data under the Property services Act 2011
After 6 years any personal data not required will be deleted or we will contact the data subject to re-obtain permission to hold the data.
Personal Data is held securely in both Automated and manual forms
Transfer of Personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We may occasionally send your information to countries outside the European Union. If the laws of such countries do not afford the same level of protection as in Ireland, we will take one of the following steps to protect your personal information.
Put in place a contract with the recipient of the data, that they must protect this personal data to the same standards required by our legislation.
Your rights as a data subject
You have the following rights under GDPR whilst RE/MAX Property Experts is in possession of or processing your personal data:
- Right to be informed about the personal information we hold about you and how we use that information.
- Right of access – You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you free of charge.
- Right of rectification – You have the right to correct your personal data that we hold if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be erased/forgotten – In certain circumstances you have the right to have your personal data erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – When personal data is inaccurate or unlawful.
- Right to portability – You have the right to have your data transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – Certain types of processing such as profiling, direct marketing, automated decision making.
In the event that RE/MAX Property Experts refuse your request under any of these rights we will provide you with a reason why. Some of the rights may be limited by legislation.
The data subject may request the following information
- Identity and contact details of the organisation who is processing your personal data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of RE/MAX Property Experts or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- 3rd parties of recipients if applicable
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Commissioner).
- If the personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement or necessary to enter into a contract and the possible consequences of failing to provide your personal data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling.
Complaints & Contact details
If you wish to make a complaint regarding how RE/MAX Property Experts uses or process your personal data you have the right to complain to RE/MAX Property Expert’s Director/Owner. If they cannot resolve your complaint you have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioners office.
Hardiman House, 5 Eyre Square, Galway
Data Protection Commissioner at www.dataprotection.ie