RE/MAX are delighted to present to market a magnificent 7 bedroom detached stately property. Burkeville House is located in Poppyhill, Killoran, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway and this distinctive property is tastefully decorated to a very high standard. Burkeville House can be found on the encumbered map dating from 1852. If you are looking for a country estate house without the worry of land management, then this 5000+ sq. ft. country house on acres of private mature grounds is for you.
Sitting on 3.16 acres of stunning landscaped gardens, the property extends to 5,230 sq. ft. of substantial living space and could be a luxury family home or alternatively has immense potential for use as a fabulous boutique style guesthouse. The current owners have lovingly restored this house to its present glory over the last three years.
Accommodation is split into 3 sections – the original house to the front, the middle section directly behind this and the rear section which was once a barn and now converted into a snug. The original house serves as a 30ft long dining room with marble fire place and American pitch pine floor boards. This is mirrored on the opposite side of the entrance hall with a formal lounge. Upstairs there are 2 bedrooms with dressing areas, en-suites and access to the sun terrace. The kitchen can be found off the south facing hallway adjacent to the formal lounge. From this hallway there are 2 downstairs bedrooms with en suites and a large staircase leading to the Master suite, which includes a separate bathroom and a dressing room leading to the sun terrace.
At the end of the hall you are introduced to the old barn which now serves as a snug, leading into the gym with full length mirrors and a shower room. Upstairs is a 36ft by 25ft games room with plumbing for a bar and separate W.C. The room connecting the house to the old barn is a beautiful sitting room, with floor to ceiling windows either end and a vaulted ceiling. It also boasts a large marble fire place with multi fuel burning stove. The 30mm thick solid oak floor runs through to the snug. At the end of the barn there is a separate external entrance to a self-contained two bedroom annexe.
The property is heated using Oil Fired Central Heating and Gas Fired Central Heating. There are 2 solid fuel marble feature fireplaces and a gas fired stove in the property.
Surrounding the property is 3.16 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens. A private driveway lined with manicured hedges and garden lamp posts leads you to the property. Manicured lawns, shrubs, flowers and mature trees surround the house. The wrap around driveway provides ample private parking. There is a large detached garage on the site.
There are many amenities in Ballinasloe and Loughrea including supermarkets Aldi, Lidl & Tesco, an array of shops, pubs, restaurants, hotels, cafes, schools, GAA pitches, public transport, Ballinasloe Golf Academy, Loughrea Golf Club, Driving Range, leisure clubs, and the M6 Business Park. Access to the M6 Motorway is just 15 minutes from the property. It is 15 minutes to Loughrea, 15 minutes to Ballinasloe, 30 minutes to Athlone and 30 minutes to Galway City.
INFO & FEATURES:
– 7 bedroom detached stately house.
– Large country estate setting.
– 3.16 acres of mature grounds with no land management.
– Extends to 5,230 sq. ft.
– Built in 1852 and renovated in 2002.
– Restored to the highest of standards by the current owners.
– 3 sections of property – original house to front, restored barn now used as snug and adjoining section used as a sitting room.
– Tastefully decorated throughout with high quality fixtures and fittings.
– Presented in magnificent condition.
– South facing 30ft dining room in main section.
– Oil Fired Central Heating.
– 2x marble feature fireplaces with solid fuel and multi fuel burning stove.
– Gas fired stove.
– Double glazed windows.
– Vaulted ceilings.
– Architrave coving.
– Beautiful kitchen with granite countertops, island, timber ceiling beams and centre skylight.
– Recessed area in formal living room.
– Stone wall decor.
– Gym room with mirrored walls and shower room.
– Barn converted into snug.
– Snug features large open space plumbed for bar and W.C.
– Snug also boasts self-contained 2 bedroom annex.
– Fully alarmed property.
– Spacious bedrooms with dressing area and en-suites.
– Large master bedroom features en-suite, dressing room leading to the sun terrace.
– Main bathroom features large shower and separate bath.
– Mix of lamb wool carpet, solid oak, solid pitch pine, ash and tile flooring.
– Velux windows.
– 3.16 acres of mature grounds.
– Beautifully landscaped gardens with mature trees, manicured lawns, patio area, flower and shrubs.
– Private gated driveway leading to property lined with garden lamp posts and shrubs.
– Large wrap around driveway providing ample parking space for numerous cars.
– Large detached garage.
– Located 15 minutes from Loughrea, 15 minutes from Ballinasloe, 30 minutes from Athlone and 30 minutes from Galway City.
Entrance Hall: 8.77m x 1.39m
Formal Sitting Room: 5.11m x 4.28m
Kitchen: 4.88m x 6.50m
Dining Room: 5.61m x 3.62m
Library: 3.19m x 3.27m
Study: 3.18m x 3.37m
Landing: 8.44m x 1.53m
Bedroom 1: 1.98m x 3.78m
En-suite: 1.85m x 1.56m
Bedroom 2: 9.09m x 3.89m
En-suite: 1.84m x 1.69m
Hall: 15.81m x 1.45m
Sitting Room: 4.62m x 8.47m
W.C: 1.7m x 1.61m
Utility: 2.23m x 1.81m
Bedroom 3: 3.48m x 6.49m
En-suite: 2.72m x 1.92m
Bedroom 4: 3.49m x 4.69m
En-suite: 1.55m x 1.76m
Bedroom 5: 8.1m x 3.49m
Gym: 6.36m x 4.77m
Living Room: 5.54m x 4.55m
Bar: 5.45m x 9.45m
W.C: 1.44m x 1.46m
Bathroom: 3.99m x 3.4m
Bedroom 6: 5.28m x 3.24m
Bedroom 7: 3.44m x 2.31m
Bathroom: 2.37m x 1.65m
Garage: 65.71 sq. m.
NOTE: These particulars are not to be considered a formal offer. They are for information only and give a general idea of the property. They are not to be taken as forming any part of a resulting contract, nor to be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Whilst every care is taken in their preparation, neither RE/MAX Property Experts nor the vendor accept any liability as to their accuracy. Intending purchasers must satisfy themselves by personal inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of these particulars. No person in the employment of RE/MAX Property Experts has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.