RE/MAX proudly present to market a unique 4 bedroom detached 2 storey located in the picturesque area of Freeheen, Mayo Abbey, Claremorris, Co. Mayo. Built in the early 1900s, the property was refurbished in 1990, works carried out include a new roof, new plumbing and wiring for electric and all dry walls lined. The property features 2 original marble mantelpieces and original ceiling centre piece dating back over 300 years.
Sitting on a 1 acre site, the property extends to 2,378 sq. ft. and is in good condition but in need of refurbishment. Living accommodation on the ground floor is comprised of porch, entrance hall, living room, sitting room, kitchen/dining room, utility and back porch. Proceeding to the first floor is a landing, 4 spacious bedrooms, main bathroom and attic.
The property is certified with a D2 BER Certificate and heated by Oil Fired Central Heating, Wansler solid fuel range in the kitchen and solid fuel stove. Double glazed windows with wooden frames feature throughout.
Externally are mature gardens with a South East facing aspect, lawns, trees, shrubs and flowers. A tarmac driveway provides gated access to the property and features ample parking space.
Mayo Abbey is a charming village located in South Mayo and the property is within walking distance. The village has plenty of amenities to offer including shops, schools, pubs, church, heritage centre, GAA facilities and public transport. The property is located 6 minutes from Balla, 13 minutes from Claremorris, 18 minutes from Ballinrobe and 18 minutes from Castlebar.
INFO & FEATURES:
– 4 bedroom detached 2 storey.
– Located in Freeheen, Mayo Abbey, Claremorris, Co. Mayo
– Built in the 1900s and refurbished in 1990.
– Works carried out in refurbishment include new roof, new plumbing, new wiring for electric and dry walls lined.
– Former parochial house.
– Sitting on 1 acre site.
– Property features 2 original marble mantle pieces and original ceiling centre piece dating back over 300 years.
– Original fireplaces are Ruby coloured Connemara Marble and Black & white Connemara Marble.
– In need of modernisation.
– Extends to 2,378 sq. ft. / 221 sq. m
– D2 BER Certificate on BER No: 111213120
– Oil Fired Central Heating.
– Solid fuel stove and Wansler solid fuel range.
– Double glazed windows with timber frames.
– Hot press located in kitchen.
– 4 spacious bedrooms.
– Main bathroom features electric shower.
– Mix of carpet, original timber and tiled flooring.
– Large 1 acre site comprising of a garden with South East facing aspect.
– Garden features lawns, shrubs, flowers and mature trees.
– Driveway with gated access and ample private parking space.
– Walking distance from charming village of Freeheen.
– Close to all amenities including shops, schools, pubs, church, GAA facilities and public transport.
– 6 minutes from Balla.
– 13 minutes from Claremorris.
– 18 minutes from Ballinrobe.
– 18 minutes from Castlebar.
Porch: 1.71m x 1.48m
Entrance Hall: 5.67m x 2.3m
Living Room: 6.97m x 4.75m
Sitting Room: 6.62m x 4.75m
Kitchen/Dining Room: 3.31m x 4.16m
Utility: 4.16m x 1.84m
Back Porch: 1.48m x 1.58m
Landing: 9.35m x 2.3m
Bedroom 1: 5.77m x 4.72m
Bedroom 2: 2.54m x 4.77m
Bedroom 3: 2.65m x 5.15m
Bedroom 4: 2.98m x 2.44m
Bathroom: 1.85m x 4.12m
NOTE: These particulars are not to be considered a formal offer. They are for information only and give a general idea of the property. They are not to be taken as forming any part of a resulting contract, nor to be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Whilst every care is taken in their preparation, neither RE/MAX Property Experts nor the vendor accept any liability as to their accuracy. Intending purchasers must satisfy themselves by personal inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of these particulars. No person in the employment of RE/MAX Property Experts has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.